Two million dehumidifiers sold at major retailers across the country are being recalled after it was found that some overheated and caught on fire, causing $17 million in property damage.
The dehumidifiers were sold at Lowe’s, Costco, Menards, Walmart, and other stores for as much as $430, according to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission. The dehumidifiers were sold between February 2009 and August 2017.
Although no one was hurt, the products posed fire and burn hazards to users. All the products were manufactured by Widetech and are sold under different brand names, including Honeywell, Whirlpool, and Danby.
The recall comes during one of the most humid months of the year.
Consumers can contact New Widetech to get a refund on their products and can see a full list of recalled products on the Consumer Product Safety Commission website.
In recent weeks, McCormick & Co.’s Italian seasoning was recalled due to possible salmonella risk and J&J sunscreen was recalled after an investigation found that cancer-causing chemicals were found in certain products.
Leave a Reply