* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.78 percent to 16,423.62
* Leading the index were OceanaGold Corp , up 12.0%, Centerra Gold Inc , up 8.7%, and Wesdome Gold Mines Ltd , higher by 8.4%.
* Lagging shares were Cronos Group Inc , down 11.9%, Enerflex Ltd , down 8.2%, and Ero Copper Corp , lower by 6.9%.
* On the TSX 84 issues rose and 143 fell as a 0.6-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 2 new highs and 7 new lows, with total volume of 392.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc , B2gold Corp and Bombardier Inc .
* The TSX’s energy group <.SPTTEN> fell 3.99 points, or 3.5%, while the financials sector <.SPTTFS> slipped 5.54 points, or 1.8%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.33%, or $0.62, to $47.37 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.25%, or $0.13, to $52.03 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 3.7% for the year.